Our office in Biloxi is called the South Mississippi Contract Procurement Center (SMCPC) and we are a part of the Mississippi Procurement Technical Assistance Program (MPTAP). We have what are called Regional Procurement Centers (RPC) strategically placed throughout the state with offices located in Biloxi, Columbus, Greenville, Jackson, and Meridian. These offices have directors and/or procurement counselors on staff to assist any business with a location in Mississippi pursue federal, state and local government contracts as well as contracts with prime contractors. Each of our offices service specific counties. The SMCPC office serves the 15 southern counties in Mississippi.
The requirements on becoming a client of the MPTAP are fairly easy.... they are as follows:
- You must be a Mississippi business or, if from outside the state, have a physical address in Mississippi.
- You must agree to report quarterly the number and dollar value of contracts you receive whereby you feel that one of our MPTAP offices played a role.
- You must attend a New Client Orientation (NCO) prior to being accepted as a client.
- You must have an email address and regular access to a computer with internet access.
- You must complete the on-line registration application, "Client Application" located on our website.
- You must complete our "Self-Certification" form.
- Electronic bid batch/notification
- Outreach events
- Targeted contractor assistance
- Locating specialized contractors
- Problem solving
- Solicitation guidance
- Various government registrations (i.e. SAM, ORCA, VetBiz, etc)
- Various certifications (i.e. 8(a), HUBZone, DBE, MBE, WBE, EDWOSB, etc)
SMCPC conducts a group "New Client Orientation" the first Friday of each month. The next one is scheduled for June 7th. You have time to be included in this session. Please complete your application now!